HELPFUL HINT--

TO MAKE THE FONT OF THIS BLOG APPEAR LARGER, HOLD DOWN THE CTRL BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD WHILE ROLLING THE SCROLL BUTTON ON YOUR MOUSE.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Do You need To Update Your Make-up Technique?




It is so easy to get stuck with the same make-up technique you learned when you first started wearing makeup. I used to be a make-up artist, and then a model, so I updated my look as often as I could figure out how these artistic effects were created, but since I have been mostly housebound for 10 years, I just experimented, but didn't learn the most up-to-date style. Now that I am starting my new life with my new husband, and will be going out almost daily, I need an update. Few of us can afford a spa makeover in this economy, so here is how I learned and practiced a bit myself.
You can almost tell the age of a woman by noting the eye shadow colors she uses, the eyeliner thickness or heaviness, the lip color and the blush technique. I went to youtube.com to try to find a natural, yet noticeable updated technique for the whole face, but couldn't really find what I wanted, only separately, like eyes or cheeks or lips or contouring and highlighting. This morning I found a great article that addresses all the face products for a natural daytime look. For nighttime look, you just make the colors deeper/darker, and the eyeliner a bit thicker. It's copyrighted, so I can't copy the whole thing here, but you can find it at http://tinyurl.com/cyftqb . Enjoy! It's spring! A great time for a pick-me-up makeover for yourself!
Blessings,

No comments:

 

Made by Lena